School Field Trips
Make sure you make your reservation at least three weeks in advance of your visit by calling 865-637-5331 or by using the digital form below (please allow extra processing time for an email reservation).
Field Trip Grants Available Through Target!
Some of the best learning opportunities happen outside the classroom. Target is bringing students once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences through field trips they will never forget. It's become increasingly difficult for some schools to fund learning opportunities outside the classroom. To help them out, Target launched Field Trip Grants in 2007. Since then, they have made it possible for millions of students to go on a field trip. Click here
for complete information.
Zoo Field Trips
Institutions qualifying for school group rates are accredited schools, preschools, year-round daycares, head start programs and organized home schools. All other groups in need of information on rates should contact the zoo's Group Sales department.
If your group qualifies for the school group rate as described above, please follow the registration procedures below. Click here to download answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Field Trips Knoxville Zoo Field Trip FAQs 2015.pdf
Zoo Field Trip Registration
* Download the Field Trip Reservation Form School Group Reservation Form 2015.pdf
(Requires Adobe Reader to open. Click here
to download Adobe Reader) or call the Admissions Department at (865) 637-5331 ext.1440 or by emailing email@example.com
* If you choose to call the Admissions Department to make your reservation, please have the following information ready:
- Your Name
- School Name
- Correct Mailing Address (must include a street number or PO box)
- City, State and Zip Code
- School Phone Number (with area code)
* Return your completed Field Trip Reservation Form School Group Reservation Form 2015.pdf
to the zoo either by mail or by fax at (865) 935-8541. Return your completed form three (3) weeks prior to your zoo visit.
* No reservations are made by phone. You are not registered for our school group rates until we have received and processed your Field Trip Reservation Form!
* Once registered, you will be emailed a confirmation packet which includes information on arrival procedures, zoo rules, and suggested activities. The confirmation packet includes information that will speed up your admission payment and entry to the zoo.
* School group rates apply only if the entire group pays in one lump sum. Any group members paying individually will be charged regular FULL PRICE zoo admission. Don't forget that parking costs $5 per vehicle. Buses park free.
* All cancellations and reservation changes (including rain dates) must be called in to the Admissions Department at (865) 637-5331 ext.1440.
* Box lunches must be ordered 3 weeks in advance of your visit. Pay in one lump sum at Safari Grill. NO SHOWS for box lunches will be billed.
Click here for a downloadable Field Trip Reservation Form School Group Reservation Form 2015.pdf
(Requires Adobe Reader to open. Click here
to download Adobe Reader).
Click here to download a copy of Knoxville Zoo's Risk Management Plan. Risk Assessment
Additional Program Information
Payment for all programs is required at least two weeks in advance. Education Department staff will contact you to determine the total amount and payment method. Knoxville Zoo does not bill or accept purchase orders. Upon receiving the completed reservation form, Knoxville Zoo will email a confirmation letter/invoice for your records.
Refunds will not be issued unless the program is canceled by Knoxville Zoo due to issues beyond our control or in the event of a school closing or delay. In either event, the school may choose to accept a refund OR reschedule the program.
Knoxville Zoo is working with Skype to ensure the best possible program for your group. Once a program is scheduled, you will be contacted by zoo staff. That staff member will provide the zoo's Skype ID. A test connection prior to your session will be scheduled to ensure a proper audio-visual connection. Despite this, Knoxville Zoo is unable to guarantee a proper connection on the day of your program.
Need help? For more information, please call (865) 637-5331 ext.1361 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org